I’m a Kiwi and I can do my own eyeliner first go – true story
I was born and bred in New Zealand and moved to Sydney over 15 years ago with the intention of travelling on in a year or so…damn you good weather!
After completing a diploma in make up design, I worked in the cosmetic industry for a decade where I worked in events, managed a variety of different teams and did some freelance make up here and there during this time.
Then, while they were in Berlin being amazing, my best friends got engaged. They got back to Australia, we had some beers one night and we decided that I would become qualified to marry them!
They still aren’t married – I am patiently waiting to wear a koala suit while hitching them in the middle of the Nullabor – but I performed my first ceremony for two other friends and it was a overwhelmingly loving and fulfilling experience. I had officially caught the love bug. So I chucked in the towel at my full time job and starting developing my celebrancy business. There has been no looking back.
I’m fresh, but not too fresh. Experienced with a youthful twist lets say…
Since my registration in late 2012 I have had the pleasure of officiating at a plethora of different weddings. My little love business has introduced me to some of the loveliest, most diverse range of humans you are ever likely to meet.
Whether you are into an intimate ceremony in a bar with 3 guests or an epic ceremony on a cliff edge with 300 – no matter your style, the results are the same. You experience a moment in time that feels like nothing else in this world! This singular feeling is why I am so passionate about making wedding ceremonies – as well as all other rites of passage – a real celebration of the people at their centre. The world really is your oyster when it comes to your ceremony. Truly.
I’m well connected
As a member of The Celebrant Society I, quite literally, have Australia’s most innovative celebrants at my fingertips. As celebrants we are required to maintain our legal knowledge through Professional Development each year which I do so, however having access to a knowledge bank such as The Celebrant Society really adds to my inventory as we are able draw on each other’s collective experience. I also have guidelines on the Marriage Act I refer to regularly as well as special celebrant access to the Attorney General’s Dept and NSW Births, Deaths and Marriages. All bases are covered!
I’m addicted to florists, photographers, venues, pretty things, stylists, interesting ways to include your loved ones in your ceremony, lists and sharing lists
Any questions you may have, ranging from the legal aspects of a wedding ceremony to finding a good florist, I will do my best to answer. Along with my own knowledge and experience I have a wealth of resources available, suited to all needs, that you have access to once you’ve booked me.
I also work with awesome people all the time and, if you need me to, I will do my best to recommend those that I think will suit your style – not that you have to choose them of course! Just know that I am very serious about making sure that you are being looked after in all aspects of your day.
I like coffee and taking people out for coffee. I drink soy mochas though so no judgement please
It’s important that you are comfortable with the person you choose as your celebrant as they are with you during a very significant time in your life. I don’t take this lightly and neither should you. I will always do my best to be the girl for you, but if I’m not that’s ok too! So take a look around, and if you like what you see please contact me. I’m available to talk over the phone throughout the week, or send me an email with your query and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. We’ll set up a date to get to know each other and then take it from there.
- I’m an 80s baby and freaking love that everything I wore as a teenager is cool again. If only I’d kept my wardrobe!!
- DOGS. I highly rate them. That should be this entire list TBH. I have 2 rescue greyhounds, Penny and Chester and I’m a massive rescue advocate #adoptdontshop
- I’m married to an Armenian man and I’m dying to take our son over there to see his heritage one day
- I’m a big sister and an Auntie – my brother and his family live in NZ still (hi James!)
- I absolutely love being a mum and am really glad I tackled this phase of my life in my 30s. It’s really grounded me
- I’m 5’7″ but dad predicted I’d be “5’10” like Cindy Crawford” when I was little and I’ve never quite gotten over the fact I never made it
- I have a tattoo that I got when I was 18. It’s an AA Milne version of piglet. It’s on my “lower back”
- Pink and gold is my go to colour combo – probably thanks to my obsession with Jem when I was little (please click that link)
- My favourite place in the world is the South Island of New Zealand. It’s honestly the most beautiful place I’ve ever been and I’ve been to lots of places – not biased.
- If I could time travel to any time I would go back to 1967 and stalk The Monkees. A lofty goal, I know
All we need is love!